Since entering the pastry industry I've always been drawn to desserts using herbs, and now I incorporate them whenever possible. Eight years ago I began making a version of our current Sage Caramel Sauce - crazy! The flavor profile of the Sage Caramel Sauce
is so versatile, I love using it over lighter fruit desserts, but I bet you didn't know it pairs great with cheese too! Give this simple recipe a try, and I promise your friends and family will be impressed!INGREDIENTS:
1 loaf of crusty bread (I used an olive oil french bread, but a baguette would be great too)
Sour Cherry Preserves (These are my favorite
Brie Crafted Confections Sage Caramel Sauce
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Cut slices from the bread loaf about 3/4" thick. Brush with olive oil, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on each.
3. Put bread slices in oven until toasted, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Take out of the oven, spread on a layer of the sour cherry preserves.
5. Cut slices of brie as long as the bread. Place one piece, in the middle of each slice. It won't be covering the entire surface of the bread, don't worry, it's plenty.
6. Put back into oven until cheese is fully melted. About 10 minutes.
7. Pull from oven. Let cool for five minutes. Take each slice and cut how desired. Since my slices were larger, I cut diagonally. If you are using a baguette, the small rounds you started with are great.
8. Gently heat the Sage Caramel Sauce in the microwave until it is pourable. Using a squeeze bottle, or spoon, drizzle the caramel over each piece.
9. Sprinkle a bit of finishing salt (you know how I love my flakey sea salt!) and enjoy.Tag us and show us your fancy toast! #CraftedConfections. Also, don't forget to join our email list! We will be sending out our first email along with news on our Spring Seasonal!